Donate An Instrument
We know there are literally THOUSANDS of orphaned band and orchestra instruments in closets across this country. Why not donate it to a student or program in need and give the gift of music? Plus, you get a tax donation for the value of the instrument!
Yes! I have an instrument I would like to donate to The Gift of Music Foundation.
The Gift of Music Foundation’s HQ are in metro Atlanta. We accept drop-offs at our location in Marietta, or we can work with you to have your donated instrument shipped to us.
INSTRUMENTS THAT WE GENERALLY ACCEPT FOR DONATION:
- All Woodwind Instruments: (piccolo, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, saxophone (any), oboe, bassoon)
- All Symphonic or Marching Brass Instruments: (trumpet, mellophone, french horn, trombone, baritone, euphonium, tuba, sousaphone)
- All Symphonic, Acoustic, or Electric String Instruments: (guitar, bass, banjo, violin, viola, cello, double bass)
- All Symphonic or Marching Percussion: (snare, bass, tenors, cymbals, drums sets, bell kits, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, etc.)
- Professional Level Keyboards, Electronic Pianos, Synthesizers, and Accessories: (including PA, Mixing, Recording, Amps, etc.)
INSTRUMENTS THAT WE GENERALLY CANNOT ACCEPT FOR DONATION:
- Acoustic Grand or Upright Pianos: Click HERE to donate through our partner organization
- Organs: (With the exception of Hammond organs)
- Bag Pipes and Accordions.
- Any “Novelty” Instrument
- Any Instrument that is in extremely poor condition and not able to be repaired.
SHIPPING YOUR INSTRUMENT TO US:
- Ship to us, you pay charges: Choose any trackable method of shipping and pay the cost to ship. Whenever possible, this helps us keep our expenses lower meaning we can help more musicians!
- Ship to us, we pay charges: If you are unable to pay for shipping, we will send you a prepaid UPS or FedEx shipping label Just indicate you would like a PP Shipping Label in the comments section.
- Make sure that it is packaged securely and protected for shipping, especially if it doesn’t have its original case.
- Make sure to include all accessories, mouthpieces, neck straps, cords, etc. that came with the instrument (if you have them.)
- Ship the instrument directly to our Atlanta headquarters where it will be inspected, refurbished, cleaned, and repaired as necessary:
Please send the tracking information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive the instrument, we will mail you a tax receipt so that you can deduct the full fair market value from your income taxes.
DROPPING OFF or REQUESTING PICK UP OF YOUR INSTRUMENT:
If you’re in the Metro Atlanta area, you may drop off your instrument(s) or request pickup. We will e-mail you with the closest drop off locations or coordinate a pickup time and location if you indicate either of these options when submitting an instrument ticket above.
If you have any questions about the instrument donation process, please e-mail email@example.com