Donate An Instrument
We know there are literally THOUSANDS of orphaned band and orchestra instruments in closets across this country. Why not donate it and help ensure that students or programs in need can enjoy the gift of music? Plus, your gift is tax deductible for the value of the instrument!
Yes! I have an instrument I would like to donate to The Gift of Music Foundation.
The Gift of Music Foundation’s HQ are in metro Atlanta. We accept drop-offs at our location in Marietta, or we can work with you to have your donated instrument shipped to us.
INSTRUMENTS WE GENERALLY ACCEPT:
- All Woodwind Instruments: (piccolo, flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, saxophone (any), oboe, bassoon)
- All Symphonic or Marching Brass Instruments: (trumpet, mellophone, french horn, trombone, baritone, euphonium, tuba, sousaphone)
- All Symphonic, Acoustic, or Electric String Instruments: (guitar, bass, banjo, violin, viola, cello, double bass)
- All Symphonic or Marching Percussion: (snare, bass, tenors, cymbals, drums sets, bell kits, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone, etc.)
- Professional Level Keyboards, Electronic Pianos, Synthesizers, and Accessories: (including PA, Mixing, Recording, Amps, etc.)
INSTRUMENTS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Acoustic Grand or Upright Pianos: Click HERE to donate through our partner organization
- Organs: (With the exception of Hammond organs)
- Bag Pipes and Accordions.
- Any “Novelty” Instrument
- Any Instrument that is in extremely poor condition and not able to be repaired.
SHIPPING INSTRUMENTS TO US:
- Ship to us, you pay charges: Choose any trackable method of shipping and pay the cost to ship. Whenever possible, this helps us keep our expenses lower meaning we can help more musicians!
- Ship to us, we pay charges: If you are unable to pay for shipping, we will send you a prepaid UPS or FedEx shipping label Just indicate you would like a PP Shipping Label in the comments section.
- Make sure that it is packaged securely and protected for shipping, especially if it doesn’t have its original case.
- Make sure to include all accessories, mouthpieces, neck straps, cords, etc. that came with the instrument (if you have them.)
- Ship the instrument directly to our Atlanta headquarters where it will be inspected, refurbished, cleaned, and repaired as necessary:
Please send the tracking information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive the instrument, we will mail you a tax receipt so that you can deduct the full fair market value from your income taxes.
DROPPING OFF/REQUESTING INSTRUMENT PICKUP:
If you’re in the Metro Atlanta area, you may drop off your instrument(s) or request pickup. Instruments can be dropped off at our main offices/donation center any time Monday – Friday from 10a – 5p. We are located at
If you have any questions about the instrument donation process, please e-mail email@example.com